- The eyeballing game: see how good you are at creating geometrical shapes This applet let’s you drag the shapes into position and you play against others to get the best shape!
- Maths in Work- videos clips to help students appreciate not only the relevance of mathematics but its importance in every day life Maths in Work has been designed to offer glimpses of the real world of work via video clips, to help students appreciate not only the relevance of mathematics but its importance in every day life. The clips feature the people who are actually ‘doing the job’ and explain some of the maths processes that they are involved with on a daily basis. There is a brief synopsis of each clip which identifies the maths topics covered, and all clips end with the simple question, “What mathematics would be involved in the work you have just watched?” The teacher is free to approach the viewing in whatever way seems appropriate to his/her circumstances.
- Looking at Interactive maths lesson: A crash investigation simulation
This great interactive simulation lesson with learner worksheets let learners investigate a crash scene, taking into account all evidence and then , using given formula, calculate data in ordert to detemine what happened.
- WHAT WILL MATHEMATICAL LITERACY LEARNERS LEARN?
This leaflet gives a quick overview of what ML learners will learn and how the knowledge will assist them in real life situations. It show the applicability of ML as a great subject.
- The implementation of ML in South Africa
The implementation of a mandatory mathematics curriculum in South Africa : the case of mathematical literacy (A thesis paper)
- WISKUNDIGE GELETTERDHEID V1 VOORBEREIDENDE EKSAMEN 2008
Hierdie is die eksamen wat in 2008 geskryf is (Afrikaans- jippeee)
- Mathematics education for all
Mathematics education for whom and why? The balance between “mathematics education for all” and “for high level mathematical\activity”
- Master your maths literacy exam: Paper 1
An overview of Mathematical Literacy as a new subject with hints and suggestions for learners for the exams
- Wiskundige Geletterdheid Eksamen Vraestel 1(a) 2008.doc
- Gr 12 exam paper 1
See discussion at http://mathsliteracy.ning.com/forum/topics/2009568:Topic:5706
- DOE prelim Literacy P1 and p2 (2008)
Discussion is at http://mathsliteracy.ning.com/forum/topics/2009568:Topic:6124
- Gr 12 Trials Paper 2 (st benedicts) 2008
Discussion can be found at http://mathsliteracy.ning.com/forum/topics/2009568:Topic:6678
- Money money money
This lesson focuses on money as something you either own or owe. The lesson is organised around the context of earning an income and includes the principal message that good money management can create security and help a person work towards their future dreams. By the end of this lesson, learners will know/be able to:
- MATHS LIT P2 SEP 2008 Q PAPER
Discussion can be found at
- WISK GELETT VR2 SEP 2008 VRAESTEL
- G11 MatLit Nov P2 2008
- G11 MatLit Nov P1 2008.doc
See discusion at http://mathsliteracy.ning.com/forum/topics/final-exam s-g10-and-g11
- 10 ML Exam November 2008 P1
http://mathsliteracy.ning.com/forum/topics/final-exams-g10-and-g11 (See discussion thread)
- Math lit work schedules for 2009
Workschedules that were developed by DIRECTORATE: CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT of the WCED